Saturday 23 July 2011

Four Thieves Vinegar

Having some spare time I thought I'd mix up a batch of this for the winter. It needs to soak for around a month so it should be ready by early autumn.

The legend surronding the vinegar is very well known and there are lots of different recipies. I used one using just culinary herbs I had to hand as I want to be able to use it as an immune system booster for the winter especially as this summer has been so grim so far.



So the contents are:
  • a bottle of decent red wine vinegar 
  • 4 heads of garlic ( according to Judika Illes you can never have enough garlic - we'll see!) 
  • crushed black pepper, 
  • dried rosemary, 
  • dried thyme
  • dried coriander.
It looks fairly horrid at the moment as you can see- once it is strained and bottled at the end of August I hope it will be more appealing. If not I'll just use it to banish the overwintering mice!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...